A Motorcycle Permit is NOT Required You do NOT need to get your motorcycly permit to take any of the Basic Rider Courses! If you sign up with us you can avoid having to go to the DMV and save the $56.00 for the learners permit. Just sign up for a BRC [Basic Rider Class] with MSTC of NE, pass our class, go straight to the DMV and take your written test and get your endorsement!
The Basic Rider Course (BRC): is for people with little or no experience riding motorcycles, who want to learn. Students must possess a VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE. Training motorcycles are provided. Successful completion of this course fulfills the requirements of the State approved novice rider course for licensing, leaving only the "written" test to be taken with the DMV to obtain endorsement. CT Basic Rider Course completion certificates are also accepted by RI and Mass.
The Basic Rider Course is 2 Days.
Motorcycle License/Endorsement Requirements (BRC): Please read the CT DMV web page which tells you what you need to obtain your Motorcycle Endorsement!
MSTC Training Location (All Courses): All MSTC Rider Training Courses take place at our location in Plainfield, CT - Please see the map and address on our Contact Page.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: Please read our Cancellation/Refund Policy.
The Experienced Rider Course (ERC): The ERC is designed to accommodate LICENSED riders with ENDORSEMENT. Riders must have a minimum of 500 miles or over 6 months rider experience. Students must provide their own motorcycles.
The Advanced Rider Course (ARC): The ARC is designed to accommodate LICENSED riders with ENDORSEMENT. Riders must have a minimum of 500 miles or over 6 months rider experience. Students must provide their own motorcycles.
Sorry, we do not offer 3-wheel cycle training
- Gloves that cover fingers and palms
- Boots that cover your ankles
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
- Long, non-flare pants made of denim or more durable material
- Eye protection
- DOT-compliant Helmet (if you have one, otherwise one will be provided)
- Own registered motorcycle (ERC & ARC)
- Complete the MSTC & State of CT Online Registration & Payment
- Sign & Print Release Waivers & Indemnification Statement and bring to class. (if under age 18, parental signature required)
- If you are from Massachusetts, you will need to fill out the Mass Out of State Training Certificate Acceptance Form to bring with you to the Mass DMV.
- Come to class at least 15 minutes prior to class start. Bring your signed Release Waivers & Indemnification Statement.
Do you need to replace your CONREP motorcycle safety course completion card? Please follow these three easy steps:
- Download, print, and complete the Request for Replacement Form.
- Write a non-refundable check for $25.00, payable to: Treasurer, State of Connecticut
- Mail the completed form and check to:
Department of Transportation, Transportation Safety
P.O. Box 317546